Let's download it! (v2.4.7)
Download the latest free version of PrestaShop REST API Module. Freely, create front-end applications.
Let's check list of all APIs on Postman: Postman Doc
NEW Oct 26! Super Fast Caching included in Pro version (more info soon).
The Pro version includes APIs to create orders in one request (the API receives all information needed to create an order, for example cart information - supports combinations, customer info, shipping address, delivery option), and getting created orders through an API. The APIs are protected by a token which can be generated in Back-office (BO). These endpoints can be mainly used in drop-shipping applications and to integrate PrestaShop with other systems to receive orders.Pro Version (v3.3.0)
Also, the paid version includes the detailed guide for APIs. What is included in the guide...
- How to fix CORS issues (mostly in CSR)
- How to create orders?
- How to complete Checkout Steps?
- How to add vouchers?
- How to add product combinations to cart?
- Multi Language and Multi Currency
- How to filter products with Faceted Search?
Download from PrestaShop Addons.
Does PrestaShop have API?
Of course! PrestaShop has Webservices API out-of-the-box to access database tables through CRUD operations, and PrestaShop REST API module to build front-end applications and to integrate PrestaShop with other systems.
PrestaShop REST API
You may be a developer or a project manager who is looking for a way to communicate with your PrestaShop website to build your mobile application, or any client side app which is developed by ReactJs, AngularJs or VueJs application. So, you search for PrestaShop API or something like that, and you reach the official PrestaShop Webservice API. Let's see what it is and why you may need a REST module.
The products that use this REST API
Modern PrestaShop PWA PrestaShop PWA, SSR rendered and SEO optimized.
PrestaShop Mobile Application, high performance flutter mobile application.
Why Webservice API is not enough?
In short, PrestaShop native Webservice API is intended for CRUD operations, but the API module is intended to get Business Logics. More detail? read next section.
PrestaShop Webservice API
As we know PrestaShop has a Webservice API out-of-the-box which gives PrestaShop websites the ability to access their shop's database through CRUD (PrestaShop Webservice API). With Webservice API you can perform the four common operations on your website's data (Create, Read, Update, Delete) and it's a nice feature if you want to connect another software to your website and manage your data. You can manipulate your User Account, Orders, Products etc, through this feature. To use this feature you will also need to generate a token in back-office and you give appropriate permissions to it.
So, what is the challenge? does this fulfill all of our API requirements? or do we still need something else? Suppose that you want to have a mobile application or a PWA for your PrestaShop website. The existing feature does not fulfill your requirement because:
- When you use Webservice API and you assign permissions to your token, handling access control will be complicated. Let's suppose that you grant write access for Account model to your token. So, anyone with the token can edit any user account, regardless of whether it's his own or not
- For example, we want to add an item to our cart. Although we can add items to a cart through these APIs, but we do not know the logic behind it, and we MUST implement all of them. For example, which hooks are triggered when we add an item to the cart, or any other logics which resides here.
- And the most important point is that, imagine you've implemented all the business logics for a feature, but what about PrestaShop core changes and updates? You must keep the module update-to-dated with latest PrestaShop changes. But think about a module that acts as a layer on top of the PrestaShop core logic to expose the APIs.
Binshops REST API module covers all of these concerns. So, we need a REST module to do all of them.
Binshops REST API
Binshops REST Module exposes REST API endpoints for any Prestashop website. This module does not require the Prestashop's Webservices feature to be enabled. Totally free without any restriction. Available Endpoints:
Bootstrap: to get required data for home page
- Menu Items
- Featured products
- Banner Image
- Account Info
- Account Edit
- New Password
- Reset Password
- List Wishlists
- Create/delete Wishlists
- Add/remove product to/from Wishlists
- Product Detail
- Category Products
- Product Search
- Faceted Search
- Featured Products
- All Addresses
- Add New Address
- Get Address
- Delete Address
- Set Address
- List All Addresses
- Set Carrier
- Payment Options
- Add to Cart
- Remove from Cart
- Show Cart Items
You can access full documentation for REST endpoints on Postman publisher: Postman Doc